laptops teachers

Teachers across the length and breadth of the country have descended on the government for deceit. Although teachers were to pay 30% of the amount while the government pays the remaining amount 70% but these workers in the chalk fraternity could not hide their joy when the immediate past Minister of Education, Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh indicated that his ultimate act in support of teachers when he was in office was striking a deal to provide every public-school teacher with a laptop to support their work. The minister however did not reveal the date when the distribution is set to take place.

READ:  We will push for an appreciable pandemic-economic-compliant percentage with arrears-GNAT

The Ghana Education Service on the 29th of January, 2021 issued a press statement indicating that the teacher unions in collaboration with the government of Ghana proposed every teacher should owe a laptop to enhance teaching standards. The sole aim of this initiative is to help teachers get abreast with IT advancement in the education sector. The statement was however silent on the actual date of distribution.

CURRENT REACTION OF TEACHERS ON THE DISTRIBUTION OF LAPTOPS

Information gathered by Educandghana.net from various platforms indicates that teachers have lost interest in receiving the laptops. Many GES staff have described the issue as just a political gimmick. the government at the end of the day scored a cheap political point with such a vital imitative which was to help teachers/facilitators deliver lessons successfully.

READ:  JUST IN: Update on Public Sector Base Pay Negotiations

A CALL TO ACTION

Teachers are therefore calling on the parties involved, thus, the teacher unions, the Ministry of Education, and the Ghana Education Service must issue a communique explaining the cause of delay in the distribution of the laptops. However, they should also let the teachers and the general public know whether it was just to score cheap political points.

SOURCEeducandghana.net
Previous articleDOWNLOAD: GSS releases list of qualified trainees for PHC fieldwork
Next article2021 PHC: Comprehensive Complete coverage and quality data will not be achieved-Here is Why

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here