Fully Funded Malaysia Scholarship for International Students
International students who want to study in Malaysia can choose from several fully supported scholarships. Information on one of the most well-known scholarships is provided here.
Details of the scholarship
Name: Malaysia International Scholarship is the name of the scholarship (MIS)
Period of scholarship
The MIS scholarship is given for up to two years of Master’s degree study and a maximum of three years for Ph.D. study. Based on the student’s academic standing, the award is re-eligible each year.
The MIS scholarship offers a number of advantages, such as:
- waiver of all tuition fees
- a monthly stipend of MYR 1,200 for master’s students and MYR 1,500 for doctoral scholars
- A one-time MYR 1,500 airfare subsidy
- $300 as a one-time settling-in bonus
- Having health insurance
Fields and majors offered
The fellowship is available to students who want to pursue graduate studies at particular Malaysian universities in any subject. Many academic disciplines are available, such as physics, engineering, agriculture, fisheries, economics, Islamic finance, and many others.
Criteria for Eligibility: For consideration for the MIS scholarship, candidates must:
- hold citizenship in any nation other than Malaysia.
- have a good academic record
- Candidates for master’s degrees must be under 40 years old, while candidates for PhDs must be under 45 years old.
- Have an IELTS score of at least 5.5 or the equivalent for programs taught in English. Possess a research or study proposal that is pertinent to Malaysia’s focus areas.
The MIS scholarship application cycle typically begins in March and ends in May. Interviews will take place in August or September, and candidates who have been shortlisted will be notified by July. The scholarship will start in February of the following year once the successful applicants have been notified in October or November.
Anyone interested in applying for the MIS scholarship must:
- Register for an account on the Malaysian Government Scholarships website.
- Complete the online application form and upload all required paperwork, such as academic transcripts, research proposals, passports, and test results for language competency.
- Before the deadline, submit the application.