The Management of Ghana Education Service (GES) has granted some day schools a boarding status upon meeting the conditions laid down by the GES.
A statement sighted by educandghana and signed by the Director-General of GES Prof Kwasi Opoku Amankwa indicates that GES inspected and is satisfied with the Boarding facilities in each school.
According to the statement, the eleven (11) Day Schools that applied for Boarding Status have therefore been granted Boarding Status. The said schools will from now o run as Day/Boarding Schools.
However, the respective Regional Directors of Education are requested to kindly liaise with the Heads of Schools concerned to ensure that relevant staff is posted to the schools.
The eleven(11) day schools that have been granted Boarding Status include;
- Sankor Senior High School-Western Region
- New Kokrompe Senior High-Bono East
- Tema Manhean Senior High-Greater Accra
- Academy of Christ the King-Central
- Gyaase Community Senior High-Central
- Awutu Bawjiase Senior High-Central
- Sidiqqui Senior High-Central
- Baglo Ridge Senior High/ Technical-Oti
- Biakoye Community Senior High-Oti
- J.A Kuffour Senior High-Ashanti
- St. Michael Technical Vocational School-Ashanti
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR MORE EDUCATIONAL UPDATES AND DISCUSSIONS