GES Guidelines for the celebrations of anniversaries and programmes in schools
The organization felt obligated to make the move after receiving many requests from school administrators for permission to hold various anniversaries and activities, according to a statement.
Based on the limitations imposed on gatherings as a result of efforts to fight COVID-19, the following guidelines are to be observed by all schools in their wish to organize school anniversaries and programmes: Open Days, Speech & Prize-Giving Days, etc.
Schools are therefore urged to apply to the Director-General, through their respective District and Regional Directors for specific approvals to organize any such anniversary or programmes. The application should embed the details listed below:
GES Guidelines for Celebrations of Anniversaries and Programmes in Schools Application Details
- Proposed date or dates
- Intended Senior Government Officials to be invited (if any)
- Sources of funding for the anniversary or programme
- The duration of the programme shall not exceed three (3) hours in each case. The respective Regional/District Director shall be held strictly responsible for the breach of this particular guideline.
- The outline of proceedings for the anniversary or programme shall be approved prior to the due date and no excuse will be accepted for the need to go beyond the indicated three (3) hour limit.
- Invitations to all Senior Government Officials shall be routed through the official channel of communication of the Service.
- All such programmes shall be held in open space with the maintenance of social distance with respect to seating arrangement (at least one ( l ) metre apart).
- All participants in such programmes must wear face masks at all times including when delivering speeches.
- There shall be no collection of unapproved levies or unauthorized sale of any item for any such anniversaries or programmes from/to or in the name of students.
- All schools organizing these programmes must liaise with their respective District Health Directorates of the Ghana Health Service. The Ghana Health Service should be part of the planning of all programmes and must be actively involved in the enforcement of protocols during the programmes.