The Ghana Education Service (GES) has opened the recruitment portal for non-teaching staff to apply for jobs. It has, however, laid down procedures and required qualifications for people to follow during the application process. Kindly note that the processes below cover non-teaching staff. Teaching staff applicants can use this link.
GES Non-teaching staff recruitment Positions -Apply via the Portal
The following are the GES non-teaching staff vacancies/positions available to be occupied by applicants.
- Budget officer
- Guidance and counselling coordinator
- Second cycle institution coordinator
- Special education coordinator
- Culture coordinator
- Welfare coordinator
- Early childhood coordinator
- Personnel officer
- Logistics officer
- Private school coordinator
- Agriculture and environment officer
- TVET officer
- Planning, data collection, research, monitoring and evaluation officer
- Finance and administrative officer
Applicants are to note that the requirements and qualifications are iterated every year as far as GES non-teaching staff recruitment is concerned,
Qualifications and Requirements for GES Non-Teaching Staff Recruitment
For a person to be able to apply for any of the above GES non-teaching staff recruitment positions, he or she must meet the following conditions;
- Must be a professional graduate teacher or officer
- Must have a minimum rank of Principal Superintendent (PS) or above and have served on the grade for a minimum of 2-years.
- For special education guidance and counselling coordinators, applicants are required to have the relevant qualification in the field
- Also, culture coordinator position, it requires the applicant to have the relevant qualification in English language or Ghanaian language.
How to purchase GES recruitment/Promotion voucher using Mobile Money
- Visit gespromotions.gov.gh
- Select purchase eVoucher
- Select to purchase an eVoucher. Choose the corresponding voucher to be purchased. i.e., purchase an eVoucher for promotion exams (GHS10) or purchase an eVoucher for non-teaching recruitment (GHS10)
- Choose the mobile money network you wish to make a payment with. E.g., MTN, Airtel Tigo, Vodafone, etc.
- Provide your 10-digit MoMo number, e.g., 0541234567
- Provide your correct email address. E.g., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click send and wait for approval.
- Dial *170# from your mobile phone.
- Select 6 (my wallet)
- Select 3 (My Approvals)
- Enter your MoMo PIN to approve the transaction.
- An SMS containing the voucher code will be sent to your phone.
How to Apply for GES Non-Teaching Staff Recruitment
- Visit gespromotions.gov.gh after purchasing the eVoucher
- Click on the Apply for Non-Teaching Recruitment Button
- Enter the code of the voucher to proceed
- Provide your personal details as seen on your academic certificates
- Provide the following details; age, name, gender, residence, phone number, email address, nationality, languages spoken, certificate (the tittle of the program offered at the university, e.g., BA, B. ED, BFA, BSc)
- Provide any job experience you have acquired which is not affiliated to teaching if there is any.
- Choose 3 preferred regions of your choice. E.g., first choice-Upper West Second Choice-Northern Region and Third Choice-Ashanti region.
Other Details Required GES Non-Teaching Staff Recruitment
The following are additional details that are required by an applicant
- National Service Status (YES/NO)
- Company/Institution worked with during the National Service
- Year of National service
- NTC Licensure Examination Status (YES/NO)
- Provide your Ghana Teacher License Examination Number (GTLE)
- Schools attended (starting from tertiary to basic) with their corresponding years started and completed.
- Click on the submit button and wait for ‘FORM SUBMITED SUCESSFULLY’ pop up message.