GES TEACHERS LAPTOPS

The Ghana Education Service (GES) has in a press statement announced the price of the laptops to be distributed to teachers under the “One Teacher, One Laptop” initiative. According to the statement signed by the Head of Public Relations Unit at the GES, Cassandra Twum Ampofo, and sighted by Edcandghana.net reveals that the supply of Teacher Mate 1(TMI) laptops for teachers were an initiative of the Teacher Unions (GNAT, NAGRAT, CCT) to procure for all teachers at the pre-tertiary level to enhance the delivery of quality education in terms of planning. research, teaching, and reporting.

SEE ALSO:  NEW: Here are the centers for the issuance of teachers’ license-Check them out

The government through the MOE/GES decided to support this initiative with a subsidy of 70 percent for each teacher hence the launch of the project by His Excellency the Vice President Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia on Friday 3d September 2021. In effect, the beneficiary teacher will pay the remaining 30 percent of the total cost. The total cost of the TMI laptop per one is GHs1,831.47.

According to the statement, the government will absorb GHS1,282.30 while the teacher will pay GHS 549.44.
The teachers’ portion will be deducted from the Continuous Professional Development Allowance (CPD) when paid. This would be a one-off deduction. Distribution of the TMI laptops has commenced and all teachers at St Mary’s Girls SHS have received theirs.

SEE ALSO:  GNAT Constitution: Teachers call for amendment-Check Reasons


The TM1 laptop is of high quality and customized to suit the needs of the Ghanaian teacher at the pre-tertiary level. It is durable and has long battery life. In addition, the TMI has built-in educational content (EDUKAT) on the new standard-based curriculum. The TMI has an offline feature to suit teachers with internet challenges.

The full features of the laptop have been published on all GES official handles. The GES wishes to reiterate its commitment to support teachers in diverse ways to use technology to enhance teaching and learning during this c0v!d-19 virus era.

SOURCEeducandghana.net
Previous articleGNAT commends Gov’t for ‘one teacher, one laptop’ initiative
Next articleURGENT: Teachers who applied or are yet to apply for the GES promotion must take note

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here