GH SIM Self Registration APP (GH SIM SELF REG): Procedures to Register SIM Card by Yourself
The National Communication Authority (NCA) has released the GH SIM Self Registration App to enable citizens in and outside the country to register their sim cards using the Ghana Card.
According to a statement issued by the communications authority on Friday, August 26, the App is intended for users who have finished Stage 1 of their SIM card registration and need to go on to Stage 2.
Update Your Ghana Card Details Here
The self SIM registration Application called the ‘GH SIM SELF REG’ has been made available on the Google and Apple playstore for download. The app is purposely to enable telecom subscribers to complete their SIM card registration using the NIA or Ghana Card.
Meanwhile, subscribers can choose to physically walk to the offices of service providers’ registration points to complete stage 2 of the SIM registration.
Why is the GH SIM SELF REG (Self-Service) App Developed?
The self SIM Registration (GH SIM SELF REG) app was developed to provide convenience for subscribers as they can register in the comfort of their homes, offices, or other convenient locations.
In short, this is to help reduce long queues at the various sim registration centres.
SIM Registration using Ghana Card-Stage One Procedures
- Complete stage one of SIM registration by dialing *404#
- Choose register
- Enter your Ghana card Personal Number without the hyphens
- Enter Surname
- Enter the first name
- Enter date of birth
- Select sex (male or female)
- Confirm details by entering 1. Press 2 to cancel if details are incorrect
- Dial *400# to check details.
Stage Two: Self Registration (GH SIM SELF REG) App Requirements
- Internet connection
- Email Address
- Ghana Card
- A 9-digit Unique Code from stage one (Dial *400# for code)
- Mobile Money Account (there should be a minimum of GHS 5 in the wallet)
- Ghana Digital Address.
Stage Two of SIM Card Registration Steps Using Ghana Card -GH SIM SELF REG APP
- Download the ‘GH SIM SELF REG APP’ from the Google play store or apple store.
- Set up an account by providing the following; Phone Number, Email address, first name, last name, and 4-digit PIN.
- Note that the phone number does not necessarily have to be the SIM you are registering.
- Login to the app using the details you created your account with.
- Follow the prompts to complete SIM registration.
National Communications Authority (NCA) Contacts- GH SIM SELF REG
Individuals with issues regarding the registration SIM Cards should reach out to the National Communication Authority (NCA) on the toll-free number-0800-110-622.
The NCA can also be contacted via all their social media handles; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn or the NCA Website(www.nca.org.gh)