TEACHER LAPTOPS DISTRIBUTION

GNAT commends Gov’t for ‘one teacher, one laptop’ initiative

Mr. Peter Tetteh Korda, Public Relations Officer, Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), has commended the government for launching the “One Teacher, One Laptop” to aid effective teaching and learning in schools.

“The initiative is good and we welcome it because the way teachers teach has changed due to the outbreak of the novel virus”, he said. He said the pandemic had to a large extent decreased face-to-face learning in favour of the online platform, adding that the initiative would help teachers to be in line with the technological space and deliver as expected.

SEE ALSO:  2021/2022 Inter-regional and Inter/Intra-district re-posting commences in August-GES

Mr. Korda said the laptop would help the teachers to do research and prepare their lesson notes with the aim of improving learning outcomes.

“We as a teacher association are interested in any initiative that will enure to the benefit of members and the students as well, “he said. He said the initiative would build the needed confidence among the teachers to give off their optimum best and also improve the performance of the students for national growth.

Mr. Korda appealed to the teachers to make good use of the laptops, urging them to use it for the intended purposes to enhance teaching and learning in schools. On September 3, Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia unveiled the “One Teacher, One Laptop” programme at Saint Mary’s Senior High School (SHS) in Accra. The Vice President symbolically presented four laptops to four teachers from Saint Mary’s Senior High School to begin the distribution of the laptops.

SEE ALSO:  Heads of Basic Schools should hold on to the Signing of the Performance Contract with the Employer-CoHBS

Under the programme, every teacher in the public school from Kindergarten to the SHS would receive a computer laptop. The government will pay 70 percent of the cost of the laptop while each teacher pays the remaining 30 percent. KA Technologies, a locally based ICT firm, is the manufacturer of the laptops.

VIAeducandghana.net
SOURCEGNAT
Previous articleSHOCKING: Minister reveals the actual cost of teachers laptops
Next articleGES officially announces the actual price of teachers’ laptops

1 COMMENT

  1. BATONG DIMAH NUHU

    It is a good thing to develop our country.
    This one teacher one laptop thing, I think it would be very good if the basic school teachers are included and also the mentees

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here