laptop teachers distribution

Laptop For Teachers: Here is what you need to know about the distribution

The Ghana Education Service, Ministry of Education, and the various Teacher Unions came to a consensus in order to distribute laptop computers to all basic school teachers in the country. The sole aim of this initiative is to aid teachers to succeed as far as the new curriculum is concerned, thus, the standard-based curriculum and the common core curriculum.

The distribution of laptops to teachers has successfully begun with teachers from the second-cycle institutions. According to GES, to enhance the smooth distribution of the laptops, it will be in batches starting from SHS teachers followed by teachers at the KG, PRIMARY, and JHS. It is therefore not true that the laptops are only meant for SHS teachers.

SEE ALSO:  Lawra: MCE and NADMO present relief items to students affected by fire disaster at Birifoh SHS

Teachers are to note that the total cost of a laptop is GHS1550.00. Each teacher who receives it will pay GHS465 which is 30% and government and the teacher unions will cater for the remaining GHS1085 which represents 70% cost. GHS38.75 will be deducted every month for 12 months and this will be deducted from the Controller And Accountant General’s Department (CAGD). In Summary;
LAPTOP COST=¢1,550.00

70% DISCOUNT BY GOVERNMENT=¢1,085.00

30% CAGD 12 MONTHS INSTALLMENT DEDUCTIONS=¢465.00

¢465.00÷12=¢38.75(MONTHLY DEDUCTION)

To give a clear picture of the laptop computer to our readers, the following are the proposed documents uploaded and features of the laptops to be distributed to teachers;

SEE ALSO:  UCC 3-SEM: Academic calendar/activities for next session released-Check it out

DISTRIBUTION OF LAPTOPS TEACHERS: DOCUMENTS UPLOADED/ACCESSIBLE ON THE LAPTOP

  1. Temple for lesson notes
  2. Scheme of work
  3. Curriculum from KG to SHS
  4. Labour Act
  5. Teachers’ Code of conduct
  6. Education Bill
  7. Teacher Standards
  8. Text Books
  9. Ghana’s Constitution and many more..

SPECIFICATIONS/PROPERTIES OF THE LAPTOP COMPUTER

  1. Celeron 4020 processor. This is equivalent to Intel Core i3 processor
  2. Hard Disk Drive: 500 GB
  3. RAM: 4GB
  4. Graphics: UHD 600
  5. Battery: 10, 000mAH
SOURCEeducandghana.net
Previous article2021/2022 Requirements for the collection of GES study leave with pay approval letters
Next articleWhen Riches Abandon the Ghanaian Teacher

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here