The Municipal Chief Executive for Lawra, Hon. Martin Domotiere Bomba-ire, early this week donated relief items to Brifoh SHS to support the affected students in last Friday, 21st April, 2021 fire disaster in the school.

The donation came after he in collaboration with the Ghana Education directorate and the school authorities successfully relocated the affected students to the private hostel while the 13 badly hit ones were supported with lorry fares to go home for a week. He promised to further collaborate with NADMO and other stakeholders to provide them the support needed for their comfort and studies after the final assessment is done.

READ:  NEW: 2021 PHC Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend interview with these documents

The NADMO regional director who was in the company of the MCE to have first hand information about the disaster after receiving report from the municipal NADMO office, tasked the school authorities to collaborate with the municipal NADMO office and engineers and any other stakeholder to get a comprehensive report on items and properties that were guttered by the fire to help his office understand the major needs for further support. He added 13 bags of rice and 20 student mattresses (this was to be picked up from the regional NADMO stores the following day) to the ready items for presentation.

READ:  EXCLUSIVE: GES 2021 promotion list out-Check Now

The inferno which occurred at their the girls dormitory block got all their belongings burnt except the uniforms they wore to class that morning.

The cause of the fire is not immediately known but preliminary investigation by the Ghana National Fire Service suggested that the fire might have been ignited by a faulty ceiling fan.
The MCE indicated that the works department was tasked to assess the building for immediate renovation.

The items include 20 pieces of blankets, 20 student mattresses, 20 washing buckets ,15 drinking cups, 15 bathing buckets and 13 bags of rice. Donating the items, the MCE said, this was in fulfilment of the promise made to the affected students on the fire outbreak.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here