The National Schools Inspectorate Authority (NASIA) is seeking a qualified, experienced, and dynamic person to fill the position of Principal Officer, Public Relations to provide technical and operational support for the effective and efficient performance of the public relations functions of the Authority.
The position is for a short-term contract of six (6) months, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides input for the formulation and review of policies.
- Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes and activities of the Unit.
- Ensures efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Unit.
- Designs and implements the Authority’s communication strategy.
- Oversees the issuance of press releases on major activities, nurtures relations with the media and organizes media briefings.
- Reviews and recommends appropriate action on media coverage of the Authority’s activities.
- Oversees the production and distribution of promotional materials.
- Oversees protocol activities of the Authority.
- Oversees public education and sensitization on the Authority’s policies, programmes and activities.
- Ensures the creation of corporate literature and other forms of communication media.
- Ensures the promotion of integrity awareness among the staff, stakeholders and the public.
- Collaborates with the IT Unit for the update of information on the Authority’s website.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of a database on key stakeholders of the Authority.
- Oversees the implementation of the Performance Management System within the unit.
- Ensures the preparation of the annual budget and work plan for the Unit.
- Ensures the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Unit.
- Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited Tertiary institution in Mass Communication, Communication Studies, International Relations, Social Science or any other relevant fields.
● Membership of a relevant professional body would be an advantage.
● A minimum of six (6) years post-Bachelor’s Degree relevant work experience in a reputable organisation, two (2) years of which must be in a senior management position.
● Must pass an interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
You will be responsible for :
- Creating creative content (graphic) and in-house videos (corporate videos, product videos ) for our social media platform & training purposes
- Producing photo/video from concept to final production (including shooting and editing photos & videos)
- Working with the corporate affairs team to develop concepts, ideas and graphics.
- Ensuring the artworks align with the Agency’s branding strategy
- Preparing artworks for promotions and campaigns
- Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Designing social media banners with creative ideas.
- Ensuring printed layouts are correct in sizes and quality assured
- Responsible for Quality Assuring all artworks
- Have prior experience in Graphic Design, Photography, Digital Marketing or a similar role.
- Ability to conceptualize, visualize and execute creative production (videos/ motion graphics/ graphics)
- Experience in Social Media/Viral Marketing will be an advantage.
- Goal oriented and work well in fast-paced environments
- Possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with competing priorities
- Strong team player who can manage multiple stakeholders
A Bachelor’s Degree is a must
What’s on Offer?
- Work alongside & learn from best in class talent
Application Deadline : April 30th, 2021
Email CV to: email@example.com
The National School Inspectorate Authority (NaSIA) formerly National Inspectorate Board (NIB) is an agency of the Ministry of Education mandated by Parliament to provide an independent external evaluation of the quality and standards in basic and second cycle educational institutions in the country on a periodic basis.
In 2008, the Education Act, 778 established the National School Inspectorate Authority, formerly known as National Inspectorate Board (NIB) with 3 main responsibilities:
(a) School Inspection,
(b) School Evaluation and
(c) Enforce Standards