Requirements for American Lottery(DV) Registration
The American Diversity Visa(DV) Lottery popularly known as the American Lottery has some unique requirements every applicant must take note of before starting the application process. We have compiled the information required for the 2024 edition. The portal for this edition will be opened from October 5th, 2022 to November 8 2022 hence the need for interested persons to study the information below
In order for an individual to prepare adequately for the American Lottery Registration, the following information is required to enable the individual applicant to complete the DV Lottery registration.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AMERICAN LOTTERY (DV) REGISTRATION
- Name- as it appears on your passport
- Date of birth
- Country and city where you were born
- Country of eligibility
- Mailing address
- Phone number (optional)
- Email address- it implies the email address you have direct access to. If the department selects you for the program, you will receive notification through the email provided.(you will never receive an email suggesting you are among the green card lottery winners)
- Highest level of education achieved( at least high school or it’s equivalent)
- Marital status (if married, spouse MUST have a valid passport too)
- Number of children
NB: You MUST provide accurate information to ensure your name is part of the Green Card Lottery
THINGS TO NOTE WHEN PROVIDING INFORMATION DURING THE AMERICAN LOTTERY (DV) REGISTRATION
Applicants are urged to note that if they alter or provide false, inaccurate, or invalid passport numbers on their DV entry, they will be ineligible for a DV. We suggest you make a legible photocopy of the passport you use for the entry and store it in a secure location with your entry confirmation number. A photocopy alone is not proof you entered a valid passport number on your entry, but it can help you explain the situation. The final determination is made by the Consular Officer at the time of your DV interview.
PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AMERICAN LOTTERY (DV LOTTERY) REGISTRATION
- Background: Bright and neutral
- Head size: The face (from chin to hair) must be around 50% of the total height of the photo.
- Head position: Straight look into the camera
- LightMust not be overexposed or underexposed.
- No shadows! Digital editing Not recommended
- Face Must not be covered by hair. The facial expression should be neutral.
- Headgear: Not permitted except for religious reasons
- Glasses:Not permitted
- Picture size: 51x51mm Resolution 600×600 px -File size Maximum 240 KB -Format JPG, JPEG
- Photo age: The photo must not be verifiably older than six months.
The above are the requirements for the American Lottery (DV) Registration AMERICAN LOTTERY DV REGISTRATION
THE APPLICATION WINDOW WILL BE OPENED ON 5TH OCTOBER, 2022-INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CLICK HERE TO APPLY WHEN THE TIME IS DUE.