From today 28th of June 2021 persons who contribute to the Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) will replace their unique scheme of numbers with their National Identification Authority (NIA) or Ghana Card Numbers. Individuals have to meet the requirements before successful registration can take place. CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Dial *711*9# on your mobile phone
- Select option 1
- Enter your SSNIT number
- Enter your Ghana Card number without the hyphen and press send (E.g. GHA870000005)
- Select option 1 to finalize the merging of your SSNIT number and Ghana Card (NIA) Number
- Wait for a confirmation message
- A message will be sent to your email confirming the success of the merger.
However, a message will be received when there’s an error in the merging process.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO CHECK YOUR SSNIT AND NIA MERGER STATUS
- *711*9# on your mobile phone
- Select option 2
- Enter your NIA Number or SSNIT number
- A message will be sent to your email showing your merger status
- A notification will be sent if your SSNIT and Ghana Card have not been successfully merged.
According to the SSNIT, the merging process will continue till December 31, 2021. Meaning members will be only allowed to transact business with SSNIT using their Ghana Card.