Here are the universities that run bachelor’s degree courses online in Ghana. Most of the universities adopted running degree programmes online after the outbreak of the pandemic.
Before the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, there were few universities in Ghana that ran online degree courses, but currently many seem to have joined the race.
How do the universities run the Degree Online Courses?
Most universities blend online tuition with face-to-face (traditional) learning modes. Universities in Ghana usually run distance and sandwich modes. About 80% of these universities make use of online platforms such as Moodle and other platforms to deliver lessons to students.
What are the advantages of the online mode of study?
- It’s a very convenient way of learning.
- There is low risk involved since there would be no commute.
What are the disadvantages of the online mode of study?
- Unstable internet network
- Complicated use of the computer and smartphones among students
- Chances of being distracted
- Hidden charges by universities
- Non-seriousness on the side of some students
List of universities that run online courses in Ghana
In Ghana, Most universities offer online degree courses and they are as follows ;
Online Universities In Ghana that run Degree Courses
University Of Ghana School of Continuing and Distance Education
UPSA Distance Learning (Blended Online Learning)
KNUST Distance learning center
The Institute for Educational Development and Extension At UEW
UENR Distance Education/ Learning Centers
UHAS Distance Education School
UDS Institute for Distance and Continuing Education
UCC College of Distance Education
Jackson college of education distance Learning
GTUC Distance Learning
UMaT Distance Education
Online Universities that offer Degree Courses Outside Ghana
- Harvard University Extension School
- Boston University Online
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Open University of Catalonia
- University of South Africa (Unisa)
- United Kingdom Open University
- University of the Philippines Open University
- Open University of the Netherlands
- Open University of Hong Kong
- Thomson Rivers University Open Learning
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
Minimum Requirements for Online Learning
- A computer (desktop/laptop) or mobile device (smartphone/tablet)
- A modem and data bundle