TEACHER LAPTOP REGISTER COLLECTION

The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT) and the Coalition of Concerned Teachers (CCT) in collaboration with the government of Ghana proposed every teacher should owe a laptop to enhance teaching standards. The sole aim of this initiative is to help teachers get abreast with IT advancement in the education sector. This was revealed in a letter statement issued by the Ghana Education Service (GES) on the 29th of January 2021.

Per the information that was made available to Educandghana.net indicated that teachers will pay 30% of the amount while the government pays the remaining amount 70%.  Meanwhile, the actual cost of one laptop is GH₵1550.

SEE ALSO:  Some teachers in Asutifi North District have not been paid for three months

With the breakdown of the said percentages, the government will pay an amount of GH₵1085 whereas the teacher pays GH₵465.  GH₵38.75 per month for 12 months will be deducted every month for a period of 12 months. Therefore, the teacher pays 465gh over a period of one year. It will be deducted from the Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD).

However, a letter statement issued by the leadership of the three teacher unions in reply to the GES acknowledged receipt of the said letter but did not anyway disclose the date of distribution of the said laptops.

SEE ALSO:  ‘One Teacher, One Laptop’: Distribution commences in these Districts

CURRENT DEVELOPMENT

Information gathered by educandghana.net indicates that the laptops (TM1 brand) will be available to the various districts and municipalities by the 15th of May, 2021. It will therefore be distributed to teachers from the 19th of May, 2021. Newly posted teachers are however included in the distribution process.

We will keep updating our readers on any new development.

SOURCEeducandghana.net
Previous articleGES announces vacancies for Senior High Schools Headship positions-Apply Here
Next articleGhana Teacher Licensure Examination ends today

5 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here